April 15, 2021—
MAIS student and IIS Interim Coordinator Marlene Chapman’s opinion piece, “Islandness: A COVID-19 superpower?”, was recently published in The Guardian. In this article, Marlene discusses the characteristics of islandness and how they have contributed to community resilience on Prince Edward Island – and in Atlantic Canada more broadly – in the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
If you do not have a SaltWire subscription, you can access the article via the IIS Publications Library.
- NEWS: “Institute of Island Studies: Contributing to Public Policy on PEI”
- NEWS: Island Lecture Series – April 2021 – Celebrating Poetry Month with Laurie Brinklow, Bren Simmers, and Richard Lemm
- NEWS: Latest reports from the COVID-19 Island Insights Series: Lesvos and Croatia
- NEWS: “Who’s your mother? Bringing Women’s work to the fore on Prince Edward Island” – Panel presentations at the 5th International St. Magnus Conference, April 2021
- [Press Release] COVID-19 Island Insights for Prince Edward Island now available
- MAIS News: Student Awards
- COVID-19 ISLAND INSIGHTS SERIES: Iceland, Newfoundland & Labrador, and Prince Edward Island
- Island Lecture Series – March Event
- [Press Release] What Newfoundland and Labrador can learn from Iceland’s financial crisis