Beginning January 2021, Press Releases from the Institute of Island Studies (IIS) at University of Prince Edward Island will be listed here. Click here to browse all releases.
For additional news and updates from the IIS, go to our News page.
IIS PRESS RELEASES
- January 20, 2022: Jean Mitchell named UNESCO Chair in Island Studies and Sustainability
- November 30, 2021: COVID-19 Island Insights Final Report
- November 2, 2021: IIS goes to COP26
- September 22, 2021: PEI Well-being Survey
- August 9, 2021: Academic tenure track position (Associate or Assistant Professor)
- July 6, 2021: Island Studies leader Dr. Jim Randall retires
- May 4, 2021: Future Prosperity Scholarships awarded to UPEI Island Studies students
- April 26, 2021: New island-specific policy recommendations for ‘building back better’
- April 6, 2021: COVID-19 Island Insights for Prince Edward Island now available
- March 15, 2021: What Newfoundland and Labrador can learn from Iceland’s financial crisis
- January 18, 2021: Getting the word out: How knowledge gets shared on islands
- January 6, 2021: Island Lecture Series January Lecture: “Music-making and the experience of community life on an Irish island” with Rory McCabe