Island Studies | Links
- Studying Island Studies at UPEI – Learn about the academic Island Studies graduate and undergraduate programs on offer at the University of Prince Edward Island.
- Master of Arts in Island Studies (MAIS) Student Research Portal – MAIS Graduate Student profiles and a collection of recent MAIS research and projects.
- Island Studies Journal – Peer-reviewed, open access scholarly journal dedicated to the interdisciplinary study of islands. Hosted by the Institute of Island Studies @ UPEI from 2005–2021.
- International Small Islands Studies Association (ISISA) – Non-profit organization whose objectives are to study islands on their own terms and to encourage free scholarly discussion on small-island-related matters through a global island network.
- Canadian Rural Revitalization Foundation (CRRF) – Charitable institution contributing to the revitalization and sustainability of rural Canada through collaborative research for rural leaders in the community, private sector, and in all levels of government.
- Island Innovation – Social enterprise and digital platform using its global network to engage rural and island communities around the world to develop solutions for sustainable development and prosperity.
- Small Island Cultures Research Initiative (SICRI) – Established to facilitate communication and collaboration between researchers and cultural practitioners working with small island communities, with the principal aim of researching and assisting the maintenance and development of the language, literature, music, dance, folkloric, and media cultures of small island communities.
- Global Islands Network – A worldwide network and primary source of islands-related information.
- Island Studies Journal
- Journal of L.M. Montgomery Studies
- Journal of Pacific Studies
- Shima: The International Journal of Research into Island Cultures
- Small States and Territories
OTHER ISLAND-RELATED PUBLICATIONS
RESEARCH INSTITUTES & ISLAND ORGANIZATIONS
- Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS)
- Anthropocene Islands Initiative
- Centre for Small States – Queen Mary, University of London
- Centre for Small State Studies – University of Iceland
- Centre for Pacific Islands Studies – University of Hawai’i at Manoa
- Centre for Pacific Studies – University of St. Andrews, London
- Conservatoire du littoral (Coastal Conservatory)
- European Small Islands Federation (ESIN)
- Fonds francais pour l’environnement mondiale (FFEM)
- Global Island Partnership (GLISPA)
- Great Lakes Islands Alliance (GLIA)
- Icelandic Tourism Research Centre
- Institute for Northern Studies – University of the Highlands and Islands, Scotland
- Island Dynamics
- Islands and Small States Institute – University of Malta
- Initiative pour les Petites Iles de Méditerranée (PIM)
- L.M. Montgomery Institute – University of Prince Edward Island
- Network of the Insular Chambers of Commerce and Industry of the European Union (INSULEUR)
- North Atlantic Forum (NAF)
- Reseau d’Excellence des Territoires Insulaires (RETI)
- Small Islands Organisation (SMILO)
Note: Global Islands Network maintains the most comprehensive and up-to-date lists of organizations that relate directly to specific islands, conveniently categorized by region and by theme.