Island Studies | Research & Publications
RECENT RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS
- COVID-19 Island Insights Series (2020 – ongoing)
- Imagining the future of Knowledge Mobilization: Perspectives from UNESCO Chairs (2021)
- The 21st Century Maritime Silk Road Islands Economic Global Forum Annual Report on Global Islands 2019 (2020)
- Vital Signs Report / Rapport signes vitaux (2019)
- Recruiting Talent to Prince Edward Island (2018)
Values Mapping Research Project (2011)
An IIS research project that generated basic information on how geographic sites are most valued by residents and non-resident landowners, undertaken by Dr. Irene Novaczek and a team from UPEI.
Recent Settlers to Prince Edward Island (2005–2010)
A series of studies looking at recent settlers to Prince Edward Island.
Jurisdiction Project (2004–2007)
An exercise profiling the specific economic and political capacities of the world’s 100-plus, sub-national, island jurisdictions.
Small Business from Small Islands – The NISSOS Project (2003–2006)
Lessons from small-scale, export-driven, locally owned, manufacturing firms from 5 European Island Regions.
Canada’s Islands Database (2005)
Database of notable facts from Canada’s islands, compiled by Dr. Lorraine Guay (English translation by Sarah Joncas)
Base de données sur les Îles du Canada (2005)
Base de données sur les îles du canada, preparée par Dr. Lorraine Guay
Island Studies Resources (2001–2014)
An archived list of island-related research databases, primarily from 2001–2005.